Raspberry Fondue With Meringue Cloud Hearts
- MERINGUE CLOUD HEARTS:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 bag premier white morsels - (12 oz)
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup white chocolate liqueur
- 2 egg whites room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:
- Fondue pot
Heat cream in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear; remove from heat. Add white morsels and whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in jam and liqueur. Transfer mixture to a fondue pot. To keep fondue warm at the table for an extended period of time, place over a candle or canned heat burner. If eating immediately, serve in a decorative gravy boat. Serve with Meringue Cloud Hearts for dipping. (Makes 2 1/2 cups)
Meringue Cloud Hearts: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place egg whites in clean bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and increase speed to high. Continue beating until soft peaks form. Mix in salt. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Quickly mix in food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until desired color is achieved.
Transfer meringue to a pastry bag fitted with the star tip. Pipe 2-inch-diameter heart-shape meringues onto prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly apart. Bake for 1 hour, or until dry and crispy when broken in half. Cool meringues completely on baking sheets. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe yields 20 meringues.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oriental Pork Wrappers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Crisps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oatmeal Date Spice Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Spice Cakes With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Berry Amazing Cooler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Romaine Hearts With Strawberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Raspberry Vinegar 0/5 (0 Votes)