Orange Poppy Cookies from Simply Recipes
Orange poppyseed cookies are so comforting! The whole house will smell delicious and the whole batch of cookies will be gone in a blink of an eye!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup marg at room temp
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Beat margarine and sugar about 3 min until light and fluffy.
Add egg and orange zest,beat for 30 seconds,scraping down bowl part way to mix evenly.
In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add margarine and mix until just combined.
Fold in the poppy seeds. Place heaping teaspoons on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate dough so the cookies do not spread when baked. Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.8/5 (466 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Peach Ice Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fig-Jalapeno Jam 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Iced Almond Lemonade Tea 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Turkey Meatballs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Florida Orange Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt Sue's Famous Pound Cake 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Sour Cream Pound Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)