- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves with NutraSweet® brand sweetener or apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 3/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 36 packets Equal® sweetener or 1 1/2 cups Equal® Spoonful™
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
Heat margarine, chocolate, milk and apricot preserves in small saucepan, whisking frequently, until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat; whisk until chocolate is melted. Whisk in egg yolk and vanilla; mix in combined flour, Equal®, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
Beat egg whites and cream of tartar to stiff peaks in large bowl. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites. Pour batter into greased 8-inch square baking pan. Fold in walnuts, if desired.
Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven until brownies are firm to touch and toothpick comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes (Do Not Overbake). Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 99 cal., 2 g pro., 9 g carbo., 7 g fat, 13 mg chol., 80 mg sodium.