Grilled Artichokes w/ Lemon Aioli
- ● 3 large globe artichokes
- ● 2 lemons, cut in half crosswise
- ● Olive oil for brushing
- ● Salt and pepper
- o 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I like Hellman's best)
- o 1/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- o 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- o 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- o 1/4 tsp salt
- o 2 tsps. of slivered basil or mint (optional)
1. Fill a large pot halfway with water and set it on the stove to bring to a boil while you trim the artichokes.
2. Trim off the very bottom of the artichoke stem.
3. Rub with lemon
4. Carefully slice the artichoke in half starting from the thin stem.
5. Rub each exposed inner half all over with lemon.
6. Put the cut artichokes into the boiling water.
7. When it returns to a boil, partially cover the pot and cook the artichokes for 20 minutes. Using tongs, gently transfer artichoke halves, cut side down, to a bowl (letting them drip off a bit first)
8. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for an hour to cool.
1. In a small bowl whisk all ingredients, except herbs. Sprinkle freshly-cut herbs on top right before serving.
2. Grill artichokes.
3. Carefully scoop the hearts out of the cooled artichokes using a tsp.
4. Brush artichokes generously on both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Grill artichokes for about 5 minutes per side, outside first, until the cut side is nicely browned. Serve with lemon aioli.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)