- FOR DIPPING:
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot Chinese-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 can chow mein vegetables - (14 oz) rinsed, and drained very well
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Toasted white sesame seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Hot Chinese-style mustard
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend first 4 ingredients in a food processor. Add vegetables. Using on/off turns, pulse until vegetables are just minced. Drain excess liquid from vegetable mixture.
Arrange 12 wonton wrappers on work surface. Lightly brush edges of wrappers with water. Spoon 1 tablespoon vegetable mixture into center of each wrapper. Top with remaining wonton wrappers, pressing to enclose filling completely. Using ravioli cutter or sharp knife, cut edges of wontons.
Heat canola oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, fry dumplings until just golden, about 1 minute per side. Bake until dumplings are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer dumplings to serving tray. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve with dipping sauce.
This recipe yields 12 dumplings.