Slow-Cooker Seafood Stew
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- One 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
- One 6.5-oz. can chopped clams in juice (not drained)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. ground thyme
- 1 lb. raw tilapia, cod, or sea bass, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz. (about 16) raw large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Optional seasonings: salt and black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 285mins
Adapted from hungry-girl.com
Combine broth with tomatoes in a slow cooker. (A 4-qt. slow cooker is best.) Add clams, kale, onion, garlic, and thyme. Mix well.
Add fish, shrimp, and bay leaf, and gently stir to mix.
Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until fish and shrimp are fully cooked.
Add potato flakes and scallions, and stir until uniform. Remove bay leaf. 6