Black Bean and Garbanzo Salad
I left the corn out and it still tasted very good. I will make this again. :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (chick peas)
- 1 ⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 ⁄4 cup sweet red pepper
- 3 ⁄4 cup sweet onion
- 3 ⁄4 cup celery
- 1 ⁄2 cup carrot
- 1 ⁄2 cup salsa, thick and chunky variety
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Mix together drained beans and thawed corn.
Chop red pepper, onion, celery and carrot and add to bean mixture.
Add rest of ingredients, stir to mix.
Chill for two hours or more before serving.
(Hot pepper sauce and salt can be adjusted to taste.).
(Cooking time is chilling time.).
("Heat" of salsa is up to you.).