This variation of the popular Italian dessert is so easy to assemble. It's convenient, too, since you can make it the day before your dinner party or potluck. —Linda Finn, Louisville, Mississippi
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a small bowl, combine coffee and liqueur; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, milk and vanilla until blended.
Layer one package of ladyfingers in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish; brush with half of coffee mixture. Top with half of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers (dish will be full).
Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, place cookie stencil on top of dessert, if desired, and sprinkle with cocoa.