Flounder, Red Pepper Cream, And Asparagus Risotto
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 flounder fillets - (8 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed, and cut into 1" lengths
- 1 box garden vegetable risotto mix - (5.5 oz) (Buitoni recommended)
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup store-bought alfredo pasta sauce
- Fresh basil for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Pour oil into a 13- by 9-inch baking dish. Arrange fish over oil, folding the ends under the middle to create little pockets. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Roast for 5 minutes. Add asparagus to dish and roast for 5 to 7 minutes longer. Remove from oven and keep fish warm. Remove asparagus and reserve.
Prepare risotto mix according to package directions, and add asparagus. Meanwhile, puree roasted peppers and alfredo sauce in a blender; transfer to a small saucepan and let simmer. Serve fish topped with sauce and accompanied by asparagus risotto. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs.
This recipe yields 4 servings.