Rate this recipe 4/5 (34 Votes)
- whole chicken cut up or:
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 medium potatoes, thickly diced
- 2 carrots, scrapped and sliced.(could use 1 can of corn instead or with)
- 1/3 cup Sofrito (recipe follows)
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 2 pkgs Goya seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 cups water or chicken broth or half and half of each
- 5 olives, chopped (optional)
- For Sofrito:
- Put 2 green peppers, 2 onions, LG bundle of cilantro in blender until well blended then run though a strainer to get rid of excess water you want sofrito thick.
- Cooked white rice
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Start by browning chicken on both sides, lightly salt and peppering. Do not cook through, put chicken in a heavy pot like a Dutch oven.
Add all other ingredients more salt and pepper to taste.
Mix well cook on high until it starts to boil then turn to low. Cook 45 min or so. Serve with white rice.
Review this recipe