- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Table grind black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch cubes
1. Combine the wine, vinegar, and oil in a medium non reactive bowl. Stir in the shallots, garlic, parsley, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and allow the flavors to blend for at least 1 hour before using.
2. If you are using wooden skewers, place them in cold water to cover for at least 1 hour. Remove the skewers from the water just before you are ready to use them.
3. Two hours before you are ready to grill, place the poultry in a shallow glass dish. Pour the speidie sauce over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
4. Preheat the grill. Oil the grill rack.
5. Thread the poultry cubes onto skewers,If using wooden skewers, you might want to wrap the tips in aluminum foil to keep them from burning. Place the kabobs on the grill and grill, turning frequently, for about 8 minutes, or until the meat is cooked to the desired degree of donenes