Spice Rubbed Steak with White Beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon diced crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt
- 1 1/4 l top sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil ,divided
- 1 1pint container cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 15 ounce cans white beans, drained
Mix chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, red pepper, and oregano in small bowl. Sprinkle spices, salt and pepper all over steak.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak to desired doneness, 5 mins per side for med-rare. Transfer to cutting board. Wipe out skillet.
Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add tomatoes; saute 1-2 minutes. Stir in garlic and 1 teaspoon cumin. Add drained beans stir until heated through, adding water by tablespoons full in dry, 3 minutes. Slice steak.