Perfect Steakhouse Steaks
- 4 (8 ounce) steak fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat.
Season the steaks on both sides with salt, pepper, and the herbs de Provence.
When the oil is smoking, add the steaks to the pan and sear for about 2 minutes per side, until a golden brown crust forms.
Top each steak with 1 tablespoon of butter and transfer to the oven.
Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until the meat registers 130°F on a meat thermometer for medium-rare.
Transfer the steaks to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.