Springtime Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb cavatappi or other corkscrew shaped pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (5.2 oz) pkg spreadable herb cheese (such as Borsin)
1. Heat a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add pasta and bring back to a boil. Cook 6 min.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add olive oil and tilt pan to coat. Add chicken. Cook 6 min, stirring occasionally. During last minute of cooking, add yellow bell pepper to skillet. Remove from heat.
3. Once pasta has cooked for 6 min, add asparagus pieces and cook an additional 2 min. Scoop out 1/4 cup pasta water, then drain.
4. In large bowl, toss together hot pasta, asparagus, chicken, pepper, tomatoes, herbed cheese and reserved pasta water, salt and pepper until well blended and cheese is melted.