Easy Ground Beef Gyros
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 small pita pocket bread, cut in half, warmed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup cucumber, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
Adapted from food.com
1. In small bowl, combine Yogurt Sauce ingredients, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Heat oven to 350ºF.
3- In medium bowl, combine ground beef and seasoning ingredients, mixing (kneading) by hand thoroughly.
4. Place meat in a 9 x 12 inch pan spreading evenly over the bottom.
5. Bake in oven 10 minutes or until no longer pink OR GRILL over medium heat.
6. Slice into thin strips.
7. To serve, place equal amounts of beef and tomato in each pita half; top with yogurt sauce.