Pumpkin Pancakes with Salted-Maple Syrup
Love the sweet and savory flavors found in these Pumpkin Pancakes with Salted-Maple Syrup. The perfect breakfast for Fall or anytime of year. Serve with bacon to kick up the sweet and savory experience!
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces salted caramel ice cream topping
- 8 ounces pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- 3 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from community.qvc.com
To make the pancakes, whisk the buttermilk, pumpkin puree, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the Bisquick, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Combine the mixtures and let the batter rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with melted butter or a non-stick spray. Pour 1/3 cup of pancake batter onto the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges look dry and bubbles form on top of the pancake. Flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
To prepare the syrup, combine the salted caramel ice cream topping, syrup, and salt in a medium-size bowl. When ready to use, add in the crumbled bacon. Pour syrup over the pumpkin pancakes.
You'll also love
- Pissaladières - Onion & Anchovy... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Stuffed Broccoli Leaves 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Sautéed Garlic & Balsamic Chicken... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Corned beef & Cabbage Spring Roll 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Indian Spiced Chicken... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Edamame & Ricotta Toasts 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Yellow Squash, Tomato & Onion... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Raw Vegan Eggnog 4.5/5 (6 Votes)