Paleo Thai Red Curry with Shrimp & Mango
Paleo friendly Thai red curry with mango and shrimp that will be ready and on your table in under 30 minutes. Fast, easy and delicious - just the way we like it!
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk (Do not shake!)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, bruised
- 1 cup jasmine rice, prepared according to package directions
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 54mins
Adapted from mjandhungryman.com
Scoop the cream at the top of the can of coconut milk (about halfway down), and add it to a large fry pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in curry paste and turn heat down to low. Simmer, without stirring, until fragrant and coconut cream starts to release oil, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the rest of coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add sweet potato cubes. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add shrimp and mango and cook until shrimp turns opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Stir often.
Season with fish sauce and sugar (taste curry and add more fish sauce if desired). Add Thai basil and kaffir lime leaves, and remove from heat.
Allow to sit for at least an hour before serving, as the curry becomes thicker and more flavorful with time.
Serve with jasmine rice.
You'll also love
- Melon & Peach ‘Zuppetta’ 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Garlic Confit Toast 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Coconut Peach Crumb Cake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Totally Tangy Baked French Fries 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Vinegar Braised Chicken And... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- SHRIMP COBB SALAD WITH CILANTRO... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Farmer's Fridge Mediterranean... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)