Raspberry Bars with Almond Crust
Recipe from the infamous Orange Peel bakery for raspberry bars with an almond crust.
- 2 1/2 cups slivered almonds, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups oats
- 1 tablespoon and one teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (four sticks) cold butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups raspberry jam
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from nytimes.com
Sauté 1/2 cup of the almonds in a pan until golden brown and set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, remaining almonds, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl combine the butter and brown sugar. Add the almond extract and eggs and blend.
Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, and mix until well blended. Press the mixture into eight 8-inch tart pans, onto the bottom and up the sides, leaving enough room for filling.
Bake the tarts at 360°F for 25 minutes. Remove them from oven and when cool, fill the shells with raspberry jam and top with the reserved toasted almonds. Bake the tarts for an additional 25 to 35 minutes, until the crusts are a rich, golden color.
Remove from the oven and let cool. Cut each tart into pieces and serve.
You'll also love
- PASTA - Macaroni & Cheese... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Rao's Escarole and Beans 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin, Arugula,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Peach Pie Filling Fruit Salad 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lickity Split Lemonade Bread 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins (with lemon) 4.4/5 (10 Votes)