Renaissance Of Tuna Casserole
- Salt as needed
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cans Italian tuna in water or oil - (6 oz ea) drained
- 1/2 cup tender sun-dried tomatoes thinly sliced (available in small pouches in produce department)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Couple handfuls grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup fresh basil - (abt 20 leaves) shredded
Place pasta water on to boil. Salt water then add pasta and cook to al dente.
While pasta cooks, heat a deep skillet over medium heat with extra-virgin olive oil. Saute garlic and onions until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add tuna and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to heat through, another 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and cook it down a minute then add cream and season sauce with salt and pepper. Toss hot pasta and peas with sauce and cheese. Serve on dinner plates and top with shredded basil.
This recipe yields 4 servings.