ROASTED GARLIC SPINACH WHITE PIZZA
- 4-5 heads of garlic
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 whole wheat pizza dough
- 32 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
- 16-22 oz ricotta cheese
- 20 oz Cascadian Farm frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed
- Pepper flakes, optional
Heat your oven to 400°F. Use your fingers to peel away all the loose layers around the head of garlic. With a knife, cut off about 1/4 inch from the top of the head to expose the cloves.
Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the exposed surface of each garlic head. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil and roast for 30-40 minutes. The garlic is done when a center clove is completely soft.
Let the garlic cool slightly. Press the bottom of the entire clove to push it out of its paper. Place it in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Combine the roasted garlic with the ricotta cheese and set aside.
On a flat surface, like your kitchen counter, place some whole wheat flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll out your pizza dough with a rolling pin. Place the pizza dough onto the pizza stone making sure you reach the edges. You can also use a pizza baking sheet or a cookie sheet. Repeat this with the second pizza dough.
Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over each pizza dough followed by the mozzarella cheese and spinach. Bake the pizzas at 425F in a preheated oven for 18-2o minutes.
When the pizzas are done top with pepper flakes if using. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- APPETIZER - Creamed Salmon on Toast 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Potato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with ShoeString... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Risotto Slow-Cooker Sausage and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ham, Brie, Marmalade & Arugula... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Hot Crawfish Spinach Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlicky Appetizer Shrimp Scampi 5/5 (1 Votes)