Blueberry Lemon Bread
This is a Paleo bread, but don't let that deter you from making it. It is Delicious!
- For The Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or ghee, melted (You can also use grass fed butter)
- 1/3 cup raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1-1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and cut a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan.
2. Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Sift or whisk together and set aside.
3. Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, lemon juice and lemon zest until well combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well incorporated.
5. Spread one third of the batter onto the bottom of the prepared pan and sprinkle 1/3 of the blueberries on top. Spread another third of the batter and another 1/3 of the blueberries. Repeat one more time with the remaining batter and blueberries.
6. Bake for 32-37 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover with foil if the bread begins to brown too much. Remove from oven and cool.
7. While the loaf cools, prepare the glaze by whisking together all the glaze ingredients. Add hot water, 1 Tablespoon at a time until you have a glossy, liquid, smooth consistency. Once loaf has cooled, remove from pan and pour glaze over the top of the loaf, letting it drip down the sides. Enjoy.