Melon & Peach ‘Zuppetta’
- 2 ripe cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled and pit removed
- Small pinch of sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped
- 2 tablespoons lavender, wild flower or rosemary honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Few sprigs of mint and/or raspberries or sliced strawberries, for garnish (optional)
Adapted from wsj.com
Use a melon baller to scoop most of cantaloupe flesh into small balls. (Alternatively, cut flesh into small cubes). Set aside.
Use a large spoon to scrape out remaining melon flesh and place in the bowl of a food processor.
Cut 2 peaches into wedges and set aside. Cut the third into chunks and add to food processor, along with salt and vanilla seeds. Purée.
Heat honey in a small saucepan over low heat until liquefied, about 1 minute. Add honey to fruit purée in food processor, then stir in lemon juice.
Divide soup among 4 shallow bowls. Place melon balls and peach wedges in center of bowls. Garnish with mint and raspberries, if desired. Serve immediately.