Pasta Salad With Melon Salsa
- For the Pasta:
- 1/2 pound dried farfalle, fusilli or orecchiette
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Sesame Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, deveined and finely minced
- Finely grated zest of 2 limes or lemons
- For the Salsa:
- Kernels from 2 large ears corn
- 1 cup each cubed and seeded watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed, drained and dried
Adapted from wsj.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook according to directions on package until al dente. Drain, rinse with cool water and drain again. Set aside.
Make Sesame Vinaigrette:
Place all ingredients in a glass jar and shake until combined. Refrigerate until needed.
In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients until well combined.
In a large bowl, toss together pasta, salsa and vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.