Black Bean Burritos
- 1 1/2 lbs black beans (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/2 C canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 12 C water
- 1/2 t salt
- 18 wheat tortillas
- 2 C parsley or cilantro
- 2 C sour cream
- 2 C fresh salsa
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Combine black beans, onions, garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes, chili powder and water in a large pot. Maintain a gentle boil for 1 1/2 hours. Stir in salt and cooker longer if beans are not tender.
2. Warm or crisp tortillas just before serving.
3. Put 1/2 C bean mixture in center of tortilla. Top with parsley, sour cream and salsa.