Raspberry Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh dill or tarragon
- (or 1/2 tspn dried dill or tarragon)
- 1 cup creme fraiche or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry jam
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter kept cold
- 1 pint red raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh dill or tarragon leaves only
- (or 1 tspn dried dill weed or tarragon)
Put shallots in heavy sauce pan with wine and herbs. Boil over medium heat until the liquid is reduced to 1 tablespoon or less. Be careful to avoid boiling dry!
Add creme fraiche or whipping cream and continue to boil to reduce by 1/2. Remove sprigs if you used fresh herbs. Add raspberry jam and whisk into cream mixture.
Cut butter into tablespoon-size slices and over very low heat whisk the butter into the cream one tablespoon at a time, allowing each slice to melt into the sauce. Continue until all butter is incorporated into sauce.
Add 1/2 of raspberries and whisk in. Add herbs and whisk in. Keep over very low heat until ready to serve. (If sauce gets too hot, the butter will start to melt out. If this happens, add 1 tablespoon of cold butter and whisk in to rebind sauce).
Just before serving, add remaining raspberries and gently stir in. Serve over salmon, swordfish, or any firm white fish. YUM!
This recipe yields ?? servings.