Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 large white button mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped thyme
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and chopped
- 1 egg white
1. Heat oven to 375°. Grease a 9"x13" baking dish with 1 tbsp. butter; set aside.
2. Remove and finely chop stems from mushrooms, reserving caps. Heat remaining butter in a 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped mushroom stems, garlic, and shallot and season with salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushroom mixture is dry, about 7 minutes. Add ¼ cup wine, and cook until wine has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Add parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, artichokes, and egg white. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
3. Using a spoon, fill mushroom caps with about 3 tbsp. filling and pack tightly. Place filled mushroom caps in a single layer on greased baking dish. Pour remaining wine around mushrooms, and bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.