THAI RED CURRY COCONUT SHRIMP SOUP
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 c chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- zest and juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 oz rice noodles
- 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
Scoop the thick coconut cream from one of the cans and put into large stockpot set over med-high heat. Melt the cream, add curry paste through to fish sauce, whisk until fragrant.
Add remaining coconut milk from the 2 cans and chicken stock. Simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
Add shrimp and noodles and simmer until shrimp are pink. Remove from heat and let stand, covered for another 5 minutes.
Serve with more chopped cilantro or green onions if desired.
You'll also love
- Pasta Salad with Tomatoes,... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Shortcakes 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream Recipe 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Creole Crab Dip 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Sizzling Flounder 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Low Carb Chocolate Coconut Bars 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- New Orleans Crawfish or Shrimp... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Coconut Gooey Chocolate Crunch Bars 4.6/5 (24 Votes)