Herb-and-Cheese-Filled Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (4 1/2 ounces)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Provolone cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 16 boneless chicken thighs with skin (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. In a medium bowl, combine the fresh bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, Provolone, chopped basil, chopped parsley, lemon zest and rosemary. Set the chicken thighs, skin side down, on a work surface and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mound 1/4 cup of the herb-and-cheese filling on each thigh. Fold the sides of the thighs over the filling to enclose it and tie each chicken thigh in 2 or 3 places with kitchen string. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
2. Arrange the stuffed chicken thighs on a large, rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes, then discard the strings and serve.
Make Ahead The uncooked, stuffed chicken thighs can be refrigerated overnight. Let them return to room temperature before proceeding with the recipe. Notes
For easy clean-up, line the baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.