Scallop and Snap Pea Stir-Fry
- 1 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1 # Small sea scallops, muscle removed
- Coarse salt
- 1 Small onion, halved and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 Tbs. Grated fresh, peeled ginger
- 1/2 # Sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 C. Water
- 2 Tbs. Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. Asian garlic-chili sauce
- 1/2 C. Loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, warm oil about 1 minute. Add scallops flat side down and brown on both sides; 2-3 minutes per side. Season with salt and transfer to plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cook until browned; 1-2 minutes. Add ginger, sugar and snap peas and 1/2 C. of water; cook stirring occasionally until peas are crisp-tender and water has evaporated; about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add scallops, lime juice, chili sauce and cilantro. Toss to coat.