Taken from TOP SECRET RECIPES UNLOCKED
by Todd Wilbur
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup soybean oil (or canola oil)
1. Whisk the egg yolk by hand for 15 seconds/
2. Combine the vinegar, water, salt, sugar, and lemon juice in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Stir until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Add half this solution to the egg yolk and whisk for another 15 seconds.
3. Pour the oil into a plastic squirt bottle or a spouted measuring cup. Add a few drops of oil into the yolk and whisk and continue to add oil a little bit at a time whiel whisking nonstop. When you have used about half the oil, your mayonnaise should be very thick. Add the remaining vinegar solution. Whisk some more. Now you can add the remaining oil in a steady stream while whisking until all the oil has been added. Your mayonnaise should be thick and off-white in color when it's done.
4. Put the mayonnaise into an old mayonnaise jar and seal it with a lid. Keep u to 2 weeks in your refrigerator