Italian Beef Tenderloin with Rosemary Gorgonzola Butter
- Italian Beef Tenderloin with Rosemary Gorgonzola Butter and Red Wine Sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin filets, trimmed
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons TFM Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Ruffino Chianti
- 1/2 cup TFM Beef Stock
- 1 tablespoon Plugra unsalted butter
- Rosemary Gorgonzola Butter
- 1/2 cup Plugra unsalted butter, slightly cooler than room temperature
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons TFM fresh rosemary, chopped
- Italian Artisan Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Cream Sauce
- 1 pound TFM Artisan Pasta any shape
- 1 jar Turtledove Roasted Sweet Pepper Pesto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
Prepare Rosemary Gorgonzola Butter by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and form the butter into a small log; wrap in plastic and refrigerate.
Heat a skillet over high heat for two minutes. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to skillet; swirl to coat. Sear the steaks for three minutes on each side, lower heat to medium low and cook the steaks to your desired level of doneness. Transfer steaks to a plate and cover with foil.
To make wine sauce, return heat to medium high and add sliced shallot to the pan. Sauté one to two minutes, until just softened. Remove pan from heat and add wine, scraping up any browned bits. Return pan to heat and add broth; allow sauce to reduce for two to three minutes. Whisk in the butter and turn off the heat.
To serve, place each steak on a dinner plate and top with a pat of Rosemary Gorgonzola Butter. Spoon sauce around steaks, with extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Italian Artisan Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Cream Sauce
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside in a large bowl.
In a medium saucepan, combine pesto and cream. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly to combine the ingredients. Pour pesto sauce over the cooked pasta and toss to combine. Add arugula and gently stir into the pasta. Serve with grated cheese and optional pine nuts.