Apple Pie Cookies
These apple pie cookies are so cute and perfect for a fall or winter treat, especially when it's Thanksgiving or Christmas season.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, well chilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 apple (your choice), peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from hungrycouplenyc.com
To make the crust, combine the butter, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a food processor with a steel blade and pulse just until it resembles course crumbs. Slowly pour in the ice water and pulse just until combined and a dough ball forms. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
When the dough has chilled, roll it out on a well floured surface until it's quite thin. Using a round cutter, cut out an equal number of circles. You can re-roll the scraps to use up all the dough. The number of circles you get will depend on your size cutter but I used a 3 1/2-inch cutter and got about 10 circles.
In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Slice each apple quarter as thinly as you can and place 2 or 3 slices on half of your dough circles. Sprinkle a couple of teaspoons of the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the apple slices and top with the blank dough circles. Using a fork, crimp the edges so that the filling doesn't run out and cut a criss-cross slit across the tops. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a tablespoon of additional sugar, if desired, and bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden brown.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti Squash Pie 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy Banana Pudding Parfaits 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Bars 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple & Cinnamon Muffins with a... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Waffled Brioche French Toast 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Bunny Bum Cupcakes 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Valentine’s Day Cookies 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Turkey Vegetable Soup with... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)