WINGS: Crispy Baked Orange Chicken Wings
- For the chicken:
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Rinse wings and drumettes and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Position wings on baking racks in a single layer ensuring that wings aren't touching.
Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until fully cooked, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove wings from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
Add the sesame oil and olive oil to a small saucepot over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
Add the red pepper flakes, orange marmalade and hoisin sauce, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Pour the orange sauce over the wings, tossing to thoroughly coat, and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Corn Tortilla Quesadillas with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Barbacoa Tacos on Jicama Shells 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegan Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Italian Braised Rabbit 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pear-Quinoa Salad - Vegan 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Rice paper wraps Colourful with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Orange Cake (Sue S) 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Clinched and Planked Chicken Thighs 4.2/5 (9 Votes)