Pork - Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; cool slightly. With a paring knife, cut about sixteen 3-in.-deep slits in sides of roast; insert one apple slice into each slit.
2. Place half of the remaining apples in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Place roast over apples. Drizzle with honey; top with onion and remaining apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove pork and apple mixture; keep warm.
4. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with pork and apple mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
You'll also love
- PASTA - Macaroni & Cheese... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Rao's Escarole and Beans 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin, Arugula,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Peach Pie Filling Fruit Salad 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lickity Split Lemonade Bread 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Sausage, Cannellini, and Tomato... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Skillet Pork Tenderloin Stroganoff 5/5 (2 Votes)