- 1 pkg. (18.5 ounces) plain butter recipe golden cake mix
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkg. (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
1. Place a rach in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Set aside an ungreased 13 X 9 metal baking pan.
2. Place the cake mix, butter, and 1 egg in a large mixing bowl and beat on low speed with an electric mixer until the ingredients are incorporated, 30 seconds. The dough will be crumbly. Press it into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Set the pan aside.
3. Place the condensed milk and the reamining egg in the same bowl and beat with the electric mixer on medium-low speed until just combined, 1 minute. Fold in the butterscotch chips. Pour the mixture over the crust, smoothing the top with a spatula so that it reaches the sides. Scatter the pecans over the top, if using, and place the pan in the oven.
4. Bake the bars until the edges are golden brown and the center is nearly set, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer the baking pan to a wire rach and let cool for 25 minutes before cutting the bars.