Queso Chicken Soup
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles
- 2 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 lb Velveeta light cheese, cubed
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, tomatoes, corn, 1 cup of water, onion, and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until corn is tender.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour and the remaining 1/2 cup cold water; stir into soup. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken. Reduce heat to low and add cheese cubes; stir until just melted.