Turkey and Broccoli Crustless Quiche
A great way to use leftover turkey.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked leftover turkey (or chicken)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook broccoli in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
2. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with a tablespoon of butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Set aside.
3. Combine flour, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add milk and mustard, stirring with a whisk. Stir in eggs, melted butter, turkey or chicken, broccoli and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Stir well.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set and golden. Let cool on wire rack 15 minutes.