Zippy Cheese Sauce
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 cups warm milk (lowfat OK)
- 1 cup (packed) grated cheese (a medium-sharp cheddar works well)
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
- a few shakes Tabasco Sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
1) Melt the butter or margarine over low heat in a small saucepan.
2) Whisk in the flour and dry mustard; keep whisking for about a minute after it dissolves.
3) Add the milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened.
4) Add the cheese, and stir until it melts.
5) Season to taste with salt, white pepper, and optional hot stuff.
Nutritional Information per Serving
Calories From Fat 156 Protein 10 Total Fat 17 Carbohydrates 5
Calories 216 Calcium 281 Sodium 222 Vitamin A 575 Cholesterol 51