- 2 eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 1/2 cup water)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or 3/4 cup sugar (1/4 cup maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. instant coffee mixed with 1/2 cup warm water (1/2 cup coffee)
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan or 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the paper with cooking spray. Mix the wet ingredients (through vanilla) in a bowl and beat until well combined.
Combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon separately. Add to wet ingredients and beat vigorously. When thoroughly mixed, pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes, until center springs back when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
After about 15 minutes of cooling, you can remove the cake from the pan, but leave the parchment paper attached until it is completely cool. The cake is moist and will start to pull apart if you try to remove the paper too soon.