Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Roasted Shallot-Garlic Butter
"The caramelized edges bring out a sweet, nutty flavor and the shallot butter that it's tossed in at the end. ... Oh, baby, don't make me talk about it."
- 4 large shallots, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into large florets
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a small baking dish with aluminum foil.
Place the shallots in the prepared baking dish and drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Roast until they are soft and caramelized, turning them if necessary to promote even browning, 15 to 20 minutes. Set the shallots aside to cool.
When they have cooled, finely chop the roasted shallots and transfer them to a small bowl. Add the butter, garlic, lemon juice, 1 /4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1 /8 teaspoon pepper, and mix well to combine. Set the shallot-garlic butter aside while you grill the cauliflower.
Brush the cauliflower with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and place the florets on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook until the florets are golden on the bottom edges, 4 to 5 minutes. Continue cooking, turning occasionally, until they are evenly browned around the edges and crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes longer. Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl, and add the shallot-garlic butter. Toss to combine. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper, and serve either hot or warm.
You'll also love
- Orange, Cumin and Cilantro Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- JODI'S BANANA CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PUMPKIN BREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Lamb with Herbs & Garlic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans with Bacon and Shallots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Peppercorn and Shallot... 0/5 (0 Votes)