Chicken Fajita Chili
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 3 peppers (yellow, green, and red) and onion stir-fry vegetables
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons light dairy sour cream (optional)
- 3 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- 3 tablespoons purchased guacamole (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, chili powder, fajita seasoning, cumin, and garlic; toss to coat. Coat an unheated large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, half at a time, in hot skillet until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
2. Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add undrained tomatoes, frozen vegetables, and cannellini beans. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
3. If desired, top individual servings with sour cream, shredded cheese, and/or guacamole.