Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 6 ounce(s) egg noodles
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) lowfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped parsley, for serving
1. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and cook, in 2 batches until browned, 1 minute per side; transfer to a plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion, bell pepper and 1 Tbsp oil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and the remaining Tbsp oil. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, tossing, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes more.
4. Add the wine (if using) and simmer for 1 minute. Return the steak to the pan along with any accumulated juices. Add the broth; simmer until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the sour cream, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the noodles and sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.