Lemon-Dill Green Beans
This lemon and dill vinaigrette is a natural complement to green beans. It's also great tossed with steamed asparagus or drizzled over sliced fresh tomatoes. To make this recipe serve 10, multiply all the ingredients by 2 1/2: Use 2 1/2 pounds green beans, 3 tablespoons dill, 2 1/2 tablespoons each shallot, oil and lemon juice, 2 1/2 teaspoons mustard and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
1 vegetable, 1 fat
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add green beans, cover and cook until tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, whisk dill, shallot, oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the green beans and toss to coat. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
You'll also love
- Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sesame Snap Peas with Carrots &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Baked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Lime Gelatin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Bean & Corn Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Szechuan Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)