Reese's Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- (Brownie adapted from Alice Medrich. Recipe will need to be doubled and baked in a 16-3/4 by 12 inch jelly-roll pan)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ICE CREAM LAYER
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups mini Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- 3/4 cup mini Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
Adapted from bakersroyale.com
Preparation: cover pan with non-stick spray. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
To make brownie layer:
1. Place butter and chocolate in a bowl over simering water. Stir fequently until mixture is melted. Remove chocolate mixture from heat and stir in sugar, vanilla and salt.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring until each is incorporated before adding the next. Stir in flour and beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is glossy, about 1 minute.
3. Pour mixture into jelly-roll pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the brownie starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
4. Allow brownies to cool completely, and then, using a six-inch round stencil, cut out three rounds. (You will have some leftover brownie.)
To make ice cream layer:
Place softened ice cream in a bowl and fold in chopped Reese's cups and toffee.
1. Use a springform pan, or line a cake pan with two layers of plastic wrap and leave a one-inch overhang all the way around.
2. Place a brownie layer on the bottom and layer ice cream on top. Repeat until fully assembled, finishing with a brownie layer on top.
3. Freeze until set. Remove from freezer once set and pour warm hot fudge on top, and sprinkle with chopped Reese's to finish.