Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups celery, minced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup kernel corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups egg noodles (uncooked)
1. Saute onions in butter for 3 minutes or until transparent.
2. Combine onions with chicken stock in a large kettle. Add celery and carrots and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook on medium low for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Add corn, peas, meat and seasoning. Simmer 10 minutes longer.
4. Add noodles and increase heat to medium high. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Serve immediately.