Beef and Bean Burritos Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1-1/3 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded Mexican cheese blend, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Return to pan; add the beans, cheese, enchilada sauce, water, onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Spoon 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and end over filling and roll up. Wrap individually in paper towels, then foil. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
To use frozen burritos: Unwrap foil. Place paper towel-wrapped burritos on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 16 servings.