Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- ◦2 cups all-purpose flour
- ◦1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ◦1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- Cheesecake Filling:
- ◦3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ◦3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- ◦3 large eggs
- ◦1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ◦3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- ◦1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ◦1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Streusel Topping:
- ◦1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ◦1 cup all-purpose flour
- ◦1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- ◦1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ◦1/2 cup caramel topping for drizzling after baked
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
3.In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with ¾ cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
4.In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
5.For the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.
6.Sprinkle Streusel topping over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy! Make 16 servings.
Source: adapted from Paula Deen
Recipe by The Girl Who Ate Everything at http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/09/caramel-apple-cheesecake-bars.html