Cheese Crepes with Fruit Saute
- 1 package, (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 8 ready-made crepes (found in the refrigerator section of your local supermarket)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 fresh plums, pit removed, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Beat the cream cheese, 1/3 cup of the sugar, vanilla extract, and orange zest in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
Place a crepe on a clean work surface. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on top of the crepe. Fold the crepe into quarters and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining filling and crepes.
Place the crepes into the oven to warm through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the butter and sugar in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the plum slices and orange juice and cook until juices come to a boil and the fruit is heated through, about 3 minutes.
Place two crepes on a plate and top with some of the cooked plums and juices. For a child-sized portion, you can use one crepe and half the fruit and juices.