Dora's Breakfast Fiesta: Chips and Salsa
- For the chips:
- Four 8-in. flour tortillas
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
- For the salsa:
- 1 pt. strawberries or blueberries or mangoes
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, finely chopped (optional)
- Try serving with low-fat vanilla yogurt.
- You can also use other, favorite fruits in place of strawberries for a fun twist. Use fruits that are in season for the best flavor.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Line a cookie sheet with foil and put aside.
Cut each tortilla into eight triangular pieces. Lightly brush both sides of the tortillas with the vegetable oil.
Spread the tortillas on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
Bake until crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes or until brown and crispy.
Cool the chips slightly on a wire rack before serving.
Cut the strawberries (or other fruit) into small pieces and place in a bowl.
Add the honey to the berries and mix well.
For extra flavor and color, mix in the chopped fresh mint leaves.
Serve the salsa with the chips.