Venison Shepherd's Pie
This dish was inspired by a wonderful shepherd's pie that I had in a restaurant called Tango in Stratford, Ontario, Canada.
You can substitute ground beef for venison.
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 packet onion mushroom soup/gravy mix, prepared according to package directions for gravy
- 2 cups of canned or frozen mixed diced vegetables, such as corn, lima beans, and carrots (if frozen, thaw)
- Garlic powder to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 box of instant mashed potatoes (regular or sweet) prepared according to package directions
1. Brown gound venison in large, deep skillet. If using ground beef, drain.
2. While the meat is browning, prepare the onion mushroom gravy according to package directions.
3. When the meat is browned, add the veggies and stir to combine.
4. Add the prepared gravy and stir to combine.
5. Add the garlic powder and cinnamon to taste. The cinnamon should not be overpowering, so add carefully!
6. Divide the meat and veggie mixture among 4 oven safe ramekins.
7. Prepare potatoes according to package instructions. Spread 1/4 of prepared potatoes on top of each portion of meat.
8. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake in a 375 degree oven until meat mixture is bubbling and potatoes just start to brown.
You'll also love
- Shepherd's Pie Hand Pies 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Shepherd's Pie Potato Skins 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Grilled Cod with Lemon, Mint and... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- CHELSEA CLINTON'S THANKSGIVING... 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Cranberry Pork Roast (Instant... 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Hot Dogs Kielbasa and sauerkraut 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Duck-In-Diner Meatloaf 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Venison Pot Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)